The Best Amazon Prime Day Deals of 2022
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
As Amazon Prime Day has come and gone, weâ€™ve stopped updating this post with sales and canâ€™t promise the ones below are still available. Check back later for updated deals.
Get ready to fill up your cartâ€”Prime Day is here, and that means major deals on just about everything you can think of. If you're planning a wedding, June 21 & 22 are the best days to tune in for amazing deals on gifts for your bridal party, makeup essentials, and more. It's also a great opportunity to find that perfect gift to celebrate a special anniversary or milestone.
If you don't have Prime yet, you can sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of the sale right now. Then be sure to check out Amazon Handmadeâ€”you can shop by region to help support small businesses.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2021?
Amazon Prime Day 2021 starts on Monday, June 21, and ends at the end of the day on Tuesday, June 22, 2021. The sales begin at midnight Pacific Time on the first date of the sale, and youâ€™ll have 48 hours to shop with the sale ending at 11:59 AM PDT.
Prime members can keep an eye out for an email announcing the dates, or if you have an Alexa device, you can say, â€śAlexa, keep me posted on Prime Day.â€ť
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazonâ€™s biggest sale of the year, with deals on over one million products over a span of around two days. Given itâ€™s so notorious, itâ€™s hard to believe the sale-turned-holiday only started in 2015.
The first Prime Day lasted 24 hours and was designed to celebrate Amazonâ€™s 20th birthday and deliver sales that topped what the company offered on Black Friday. Since then, the sale has gotten longer (and better), lasting for 48 hours in both 2019 and 2020.
To take advantage of Prime Day, youâ€™ll need to be an Amazon Prime member. Membership is $12.99 a month or $119 for a year. You can sign up for a free 30-day membership here. In addition to access to Prime Day sales, youâ€™ll get free two-day shipping, early access to special deals, and Prime Video, among other perks.
â€śTaking advantage of sales like Prime Day allows couples to snag amazing deals on items they want or need for their weddings,â€ť says Jessica Bishop, founder of The Budget Savvy Bride. Whether you're planning the wedding on your own, or had a virtual celebration last year and are ready to meet up in person, Prime Day is an ideal day for couples to save big on everything they need.
What Types of Deals Can I Find During Prime Day?
â€śPrime Day typically has deals in every category you could think of, but keep an eye out for items you'd utilize in your wedding or wedding-related events,â€ť says Bishop.
Youâ€™ll also want to be on the lookout for any home items you and your partner have been thinking about, especially big-ticket items that may not have made it to your registry. See something from your registry on super-sale? If it hasnâ€™t been purchased, itâ€™s fine to remove it from your registry and swap in a new item. Bishop recommends couples keep an eye out for pre-sale promotions so they can start making a game plan. Hereâ€™s where to focus:
- Amazon Productsâ€”It goes without saying, now is a great time to pick up an Alexa or Echo device, Kindle, Fire TV, or Fire Tablet. These are the top-selling items on Prime Day and the lowest prices youâ€™ll see all year (up to 50 percent off.)
- Wedding Event Decor and Favorsâ€”From table numbers and cake toppers to candles and lights, you can find just about anything you need for any DIY element of your engagement party, bridal shower, or wedding day. â€śIt is a good day to purchase things you may need for the day of the wedding, such as polaroid cameras for a selfie station, welcome bag items, or umbrellas,â€ť says Susan Norcross, Wedding Director and owner of The Styled Bride, based in Philadelphia. You can even find small succulents and seed cards for favors.
- Kitchen appliancesâ€”While many kitchen items go on sale during Prime Day, appliances are where you can find some of the steepest discounts. Find key items like an espresso maker, immersion blender, KitchenAid attachments, coffee grinder, and more at up to 60 percent off.
- Fashionâ€”Amazon Fashion is known for stocking great brands as well as some private labels. Be on the lookout for special items for your honeymoon, or even fun things like robes for the wedding party, suggests Norcross. Bishop also recommends guys scope out Amazon's in-house fashion brands for items like nice dress shirts and pants.
- Beautyâ€”â€śCheck out deals for items to help you in your pre-wedding beauty routine, from face creams, serums, and the like to skincare tools and devices to prep your skin for the big day,â€ť says Bishop. Previously, many items in this category were around 30 percent off, so itâ€™s also a good time to stock up on any of your favorite every-day products.
Do Other Brands Have Prime Day Sales?
Prime Day has become such a big deal, other brands have taken note, using the day to launch competing sales to vie for shopperâ€™s attention. Chances are, if you canâ€™t find what youâ€™re looking for on Amazon, you might be able to find it on sale elsewhere during Prime Day. Last year, these brands offered comparable sales, so start setting your sale alerts:
- Bed Bath & Beyondâ€”Every category had sales last year, but hone in on ones where other brands arenâ€™t as specialized, like knives, silverware, and bedding.
- Best Buyâ€”Price shop here on speakers, TVs, headphones, and laptops before you buy on Amazon. Last year, some of their deals not only matched Amazon, but beat them.
- Macyâ€™sâ€”Prices were up to 80 percent off last year on things like bedding, kitchen tools, cookware, and kitchen storage. Our advice? Stock up on nice sheets!
- Walmartâ€”Kitchen appliances are a great bet here if youâ€™re looking for an air fryer, coffee maker, or Instant Pot. Make sure to do a price check to see where you can find the best deal
Here are the best deals to shop on day two of Amazon Prime Day.